March 13, 2022
Open Door Community Theatre will continue to closely monitor COVID 19 infection rates in Washington County and changes in CDC/MDH guidance. We reserve the right to update our COVID 19 policies at any time based on changes to the macro environment and developing CDC/MDH recommendations.
Open Door Community Theatre (ODCT) is thrilled to be back onstage and back to supporting our community!
At ODCT, the safety of our patrons, performers, and volunteers is our highest priority. As we planned for our return to live theater, we developed protocols to ensure a safe, comfortable experience for all. The COVID 19 environment continues to be fluid and calls for vigilance and caution. ODCT will closely monitor and follow guidelines and recommendations from the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and Minnesota Department of Health (MDH). Please be aware that we will adjust our protocols as needed as infection rates change and expert guidance is refined.
Safety Protocols for Patrons Attending Live Performances:
- All patrons and volunteers are strongly encouraged to wear a face mask securely covering their noses and mouths in the venue (except while actively eating and drinking in designated areas). N95, KN95 and surgical masks are strongly recommended. Gaiters, scarves or bandanas are discouraged.
- While proof of vaccine or negative COVID 19 test is not currently required for patrons, we reserve the right to adjust our policies as needed in order to ensure the safety of patrons, performers and volunteers.
- Please continue to monitor ODCT’s COVID 19 policies at https://opendoorcommunitytheatre.org/covid-safety-protocols/. Ticket holders will receive an email reminder one week before opening night outlining ODCT’s COVID 19 policies.
COVID-19 Protocols for Cast, Crew and Volunteers:
- All ODCT cast, crew and volunteers are required to be fully vaccinated. In order to be considered fully vaccinated, an individual’s last dose of an FDA authorized vaccine must have been administered at least 14 days before the audition or first point of volunteer contact.
- Proof of fully vaccinated status is required at audition or first point of volunteer contact.
- The performer or volunteer must show proof of vaccination with a physical vaccination card or photograph of the card, or a digital vaccination record stored on a phone or electronic device. Proof must include the name of the person vaccinated, type of vaccine and date(s) administered. Self-reported vaccination records not verified by a third-party health provider are not acceptable.
- Proof of vaccine will be observed and certified by ODCT representatives. ODCT will not maintain photos or copies of any vaccine documents.
- As conditions warrant, we reserve the right to require testing of cast, crew and volunteers.
- Our production staff have developed protocols around masking and social distancing to mitigate risks associated with indoor rehearsals. Masks may be required at rehearsals, at the discretion of the director. Performers will perform unmasked with the aforementioned precautions taken.